Beta Alp 4.0

A collection of information as it arises. There's not a lot out there!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Give it the once over

Before my trip to France the Alp needed a look over. I have taken it for a few short trips and the fork seals don't appear to be seeping so I'm going to leave those alone.

The chain was a bit slack but an adjuster was very stiff. It's been that way since I bought the bike but today it was too bad to accept. With the rear axle nut removed and the axle pulled back it was possible to get a socket on the adjuster and screw it all the way out. I thin ran an 8mm die down the bolt and a tap through the flanged nut and also into the swing arm. After reassembly with a light smear of grease the task was simple.

The other little jobs were to locate the tank bag, straps etc etc needed for packing.