Beta Alp 4.0

A collection of information as it arises. There's not a lot out there!

Friday, October 14, 2005

Insurance

OK, so I've committed to buy this bike and assummed that it would be cheap to insure. On calling my current insurer they wanted £220 to add it to my policy for 8 months. So much? "Oh, it's a group 8 bike, quite new, blah, blah blah".

A bit of research and I found a quote on line from ebikeinsurance with a lower excess, very similar terms & conditions, recovery etc for £130 for the full year including another bike. A big enough difference to make it worth canceling the other policy and losing 'administration fees'. The moral of this story is to keep shopping around. My previous insurers were a good deal for the bike I had and insured 2 years ago, but not just now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home